November 16, 2009

The Power of Friendship Vol I.

Ahhhh, nothing takes your mind off  a difficult time quite like friends. I had a horrible week last week: Breakup, bad days at work, broke out into hives, locked myself out my apartment.....not a good week, but this weekend changed all that.

I mustered up all my energy and decided, THIS was going to turn it all around. Birthdays, bars, restaurants and cityscapes totally transformed me, and the best part was that I did it with people I love and care about. Whatever reservations I had totally went out the window, and I allowed myself to have a GREAT time. Its funny when you let other people into your world; you see things differently. I saw things from a fresh perspective and really gained a new found appreciate for all that I have and who I am. From the way I view myself to how I am viewed. I felt.....good. Which, if you know me, its hard for me to feel that way about myself. My weeks are packed with business, and thinking, and the forward progression of image and career that I don't stop. And look. I forgot how much I miss roaming Philly and getting lost in the little things. The lights, the people, the food. The 2nd weekend in a row I was blessed with a perfect Sunday, and for the 2nd weekend in a row I was blessed by the best people.

It really is amazing how the Universe gives you what you need and NOT what you want. I felt like it conspired WITH me and not AGAINST me. Things can only get infinitely better, and I will be happily awaiting the fantastic voyage.

No comments:

Post a Comment