August 6, 2010

You go your way, I'll go mine

This weekend my summer of bliss will be at a crossroads. Friends are moving, friends are growing, friends are reconnecting. I've decided to return to my hometown for an impromptu reunion with a tight knit group of college friends (these are the women who were my sisters before I ever thought about joining a sorority). Every couple of years or so, we decide its been way too long since we've been involved in each others lives, so we get together. While I am sacrificing quite a bit to go on this trip, I am more than happy and willing to go. Even though I can't help feeling a little guilty for not being there for others in my life.

After Sunday, and much like the changing of the season, my cozy section of the cosmos will begin drastically changing in so many areas, for so many reasons. I am going to enjoy this last weekend, throw responsibility to the wind and be a good friend to those that deserve it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment