March 26, 2009

...and on the count of 3 everybody run back to your fantasy



I've been pondering the recent lessons that I have been learning as laid out in the Master of Love. In analyzing them, and really taking on the challenge of living and being with and in LOVE, I am monitoring my thoughts. Like most people I have started many life projects, some I have finished, many I have not. Its the lessons we seem to not do too well in that we learn the most. Personally, 50% of all projects I take on.....fail (or at least that's how it feels). I went from a stellar student, to stellar athlete, to artist, to web designer, to booking agent. All of these things I really poured myself into and wanted to be; and believed I was. The fact that I am almost none of these now, is quite worrisome.


Now don't get me wrong, I was damned good at all those things (I trophies, awards and accolades to prove this), but with them ending in my life I wonder.....did I fail or is it simply showing my growth over time? I hate failure. I hate the word, the feeling, the admission of it....everything, but I find myself wondering.... did I fail? OK, I'll admit, at times I got lazy and didn't pour myself into my work, eventually finding it boring, mundane, or unfulfilled, thus ending my relationship with my occupation. I've come to realize and accept that your occupation doesn't define you; your Actions do. Actions build character. Actions are the result of emotion. Emotion is our body's way of interpreting our Thoughts. And Thoughts are things. They are on a frequency of Attraction. So if we Attract what we want, did I simply stop Attracting those things in my life? Is this part of our inevitable cycle? I often feel bad because I am no longer the things I once were. People usually think that you didn't have the ability to "stick with" something, hence your not good enough. I don't agree. Screw what people think. I did what I did because it brought me joy, fulfillment, happiness, challenge, gratitude and love, not necessarily outward approval.


I started thinking recently: what is it that I want to do? what would make me feel fulfilled? This is going to sound a little odd, but I thought of a mission statement for myself. OK, so I thought of myself as a company and thought of what I would like to offer people out of all the skills I have amassed over my years. Here's what I came up with:




The sole purpose of _________________ Collaborative Consulting is to instruct its clientele to ensure the continuance of business and sustainability in an ever changing environment. To stay current with all technological, social, political, cultural, educational, international, regional, informational, animalistic and human advances. To consult all parties, who are searching, in the realm of spiritual, emotional, physical, psychological and physiological matters. To help bring about a state of peace and collaboration to simply "get things done". Working with communal and one-on-one efforts to collaborate, organize, and plan: events, conferences, parties, etc... Using technological tools (IE social media) to advance the message of the collaborative effort. To bring about peaceful, playful and fun energy to all work with the purpose of completing a task and growing as a human. To work with
friends and go getters to "make things happen." To never forget our roots and to ALWAYS give back. Not only to ourselves, but to others, and to Earth.



Yeah.....I don't know HOW the hell to use that to survive and make money and be successful (in a monetary sense)...but at least I got it out!






1 comment:

  1. sis I am LOVING this post. I read all of your posts but do not get to respond, ok I must admit, I get a little lazy. =p
    But I really like this one because it is something that has been on my mind too. We will always wonder if we are FAILING, but you are only failing if you do not learn anything throughout your journey. You have listed many things you took part in, and that itself if success! Not many people take advantage of opportunities, and can not say they have done as much as you have accomplished. As long as you have learned something about the field and about yourself, you are intensely flourishing and being as successful as possible. Continue the trial and error process and gain experience and skill from it all, and it will all continue to self growth. You will later ultimately find what makes you completely happy AND successful :)

    I LOVE LOVE the mission statement, and I am going to try to it myself. Continue staying true to yourself and you will be flourishing with happiness. You are a TRUE woman of wisdom.
    love u!

    ReplyDelete