May 27, 2009

It ends in The City

This past weekend was a curse and a blessing all in one. Let's start with the good news:
My boss recently moved into a new apartment and then got sick, leaving me...YES ME...in charge of the department for about 2 days. Wasn't too bad. I got things done and held it together, the place didn't burn down so I did a great job. Spent time drinking with my Ship and her friends and received a "Cheers" type greeting on the patio of Fridays on the Parkway. Off to a CUS probate (never a disappointment), then home to rest. Hopped a train to Jersey, then off the The City with mi lady. Met some cool people, ate some great food, and broke the bank my getting tatt'd up. Honestly, at this point couldn't have asked for a better Memorial Day weekend.

The Bad News:

After a "blah" Sunday, and a Monday filled with Star Wars watching (don't judge! The movie is madd deep if you pat attention), mi lady comes home--with Taco Bell--both of which made me happy. Now at this point I am content and answering some text messages, then...it happened... the lady is being aggressive (as usual) and I am not in the mood (as usual), not at the moment at least. Maybe after a shower...who knows. Then the question "who are you texting?" Innocent enough. Jokingly, I respond with another person's name. No real reason behind it. It was a bad attempt at a joke that I was immediately going to correct, but decided not to because it was "no big deal"...or so I thought. Then it came; the questioning, the worry, the tears, the consoling.

The Result:
Mental and Emotional death. In ANY situation there are always 3 choices: "Change it. Accept it. Leave it." I've already tried 2, maybe its time to choose the other.

1 comment: