May 21, 2010

Failure: The Only Option

Recently I've been reminded of how many times I've failed. Completely and utterly failed at something. How many things I've given up on or never completed. A dream deffered if you will. Usually when you think of the things you've failed at, you don't smile about it.
When I think of all the things I've failed at in a strange way it bring me a sense of peace. I HATE admitting to myself that I can't do something, and I abhor not achieving a goal. However, I am guilty of doing just that. I'll spare you the list of my shortcomings, but for everything I've attempted and failed at, I've gained a lesson. I've gotten up and kept moving, licking my wounds and wallowing in self regret the entire way. Life experiences are similar to a cycle. A cycle of particular emotions set in rotation.

I recently had a conversation with my co-worker, like a real conversation.
Sidenote: If you know me, I keep my private life away from my business. The less we all know about each other, the better. That's my motto.
I discovered that before he was 30 he had a wife, 2 kids, a successful Credit Repair business that netted him six figures a year, and was in top physical condition. Within a few years he had lost everything. All of it. The business, the family, drowned his sorrows in the bottle, got diagnosed with cancer, was sued multiple times, filed for bankruptcy, and even served a minimal amount of prison time.
Now, he's not in the business of trying to get back what he had, but he's trying to live a better life. Loving his kids more than he's ever had before, settle down with the right woman, and just be comfortable in his own skin.
His cycle is trying to fix itself; get back to a center where good emotions, thoughts and feelings create a healthy body and soul. Needless to say I felt moved by his story. For all that he had, and all that he was, he picked himself back up. Sure, he may not be the same guy he was 6 years ago when he was on top of the world, but he's a better man. A lived man.

The story of a person's life is never extraordinary to them until it is compared in cycles. I never think I am interesting or that I have a lot to share or offer people sometimes. There are quite a few things I am not experienced in, but I am experienced in observing the human condition, and learning from my own mistakes; my own down cycles. The Universe and cycle of Life work in conjunction with each other and NEVER against each other (even though it may seem like it). There is a lesson to be learned here. Just live it, for the answers are always revealed when you are ready.

1 comment:

  1. you were right...i do appreciate it this...don't lick your wounds celebrate them! <3 you!!

    ReplyDelete