September 26, 2009

Reading is FUNdamental!


For the past few weeks now I've taken to reading the morning paper, my paper of choice: Metro. I mark this as a turning point in my adult life, actually reading my news and really experiencing it. When I was a kid, whenever was given a homework assignement that involved reading the paper I remember feeling so grown up and important. Ready to tackle the "big words" that awaited me in the local periodical. Asking my mother in a very astute voice "can you please hand me the paper" made me feel superior...oh the simple days of childhood! I truly enjoy the quick read on the train ride to work (another VERY adult thing that I do), and even though most newspaper readership is down I hope reading the paper never goes out of style. I hope I'm not the only one that envisions a near future where everyone picks up the "daily Kindle" of their favorite news outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment