July 19, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom!

I've been so wrapped up in a bunch of random things that I nearly forgot my mom's birthday today...how horrible am I?!!
I don't talk about my family much; I think it's because I've always been very selfish of them. They're MY family, and over the years we've lost so many key members that I try to hold on so tight to who's still around. I don't call, write or visit much, but when I'm with them I make the most out of the time we have.

This a big birthday year for my mom and the first since I haven't lived so close to home. I was so upset with myself for not being more prepared for it than I have been in years past. They say you can tell the type of parent(s) you have, by the way you turn out, you know how they raised you. I don't believe that. I think you can tell the type of parent(s) you have if you consider  them to be a friend. Think about it. If you were your parents age (or vice versa) would you be friends with them? I know I would. I'd like to think my mom and I would be great friends, and I think subconsciously the people I call my friends all share a trait that I associate with my mom. Some times I roll my eyes and think "that's something my mom would do/say", but I always end up laughing about it because its like she's always looking out for me...you really can't ever escape your parents.

I hope my mother loves her gift and realizes I try my best as her daughter to make her happy and proud, because I'm always proud to be her daughter.

Happy Birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment