March 8, 2011

Plastic Is Your Friend

I never realized how important it was to have a debit card until now. On February 19th, I "lost" my debit card while out with friends. Once I go home I called my bank, deactivated the card, and was assured that within 5-7 business days I would have a new card. Its been about 14 business days, and I still have no card, and I hate carrying cash, not for the fear I will be robbed, but knowing I have cash in my pocket only makes me want to spend it that much faster. When I have my debt card, with its convenient VISA logo, I do the math in my head before I purchase anything forcing me to really evaluate if I need  to spend the money. Today I made the third phone call to my bank about the situation and they're sending me another card, which will take another 5-7 business days. Not only has this wait been an inconvenience, causing me to go out of my way to get to a branch, but I've missed out on several travel deals. That $200 round trip ticket to Tampa I planned to purchase will most likely be double now. Thanks PNC, thanks a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment