August 29, 2011

Earthquakes & Hurricanes Oh My!

Its been a pretty big week for Mother Nature. First, an earthquake that was felt from Virgina to Maine, then a hurricane that devastated the Caribbean and most of the eastern seaboard. As I lay hold up in my apartment for the latter event, I began to think of the trajectory my life is taking. I've been approached with a few propositions lately, some have crashed and burn and some....well, we're still waiting to see what happens. To say that I've been disappointed with how my year is going in an understatement. Yes, there have been some awesome times, good moments financially and personally, but overall, I'm not very excited about it. I think the reason for this is because I haven't gotten what I wanted out of life. The obvious response would be "well are you putting your all into it?". Honestly, I believe I am. I've done quite a bit to try and advance myself out of this hole I feel like I've been digging for most of my 20s. I don't know if many people would understand where I'm coming from, but its really frustrating when you hustle and little happens. I know every small step is a major victory, but in the end I can't help but wonder, when will all this pay off?

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."--Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment