February 22, 2010

The People

This past weekend I finally brokedown and saw Avatar. There has been much hype about this movie, and like any movie with a lot of hype I was worried that it was going to suck. Sure I wanted to see it, but I didn't want to be disappointed. Well...I wasn't. Avatar is another in a string of enviornmentally-friendly-open-your-eyes-before-you-destroy-all-that-is-good-and-pure-in-the world movies, but something about Avatar.....made it touching. With its many parallels to the Matrix (and Ferngully for that matter), I was intigued by the idea that there exists another world where people work in unision not only with each other, but with the Earth and all living things. That there is a force, an energy, that we're all connected to that keeps us grounded, but gives us power. However, since we live in a world that is so cruel and downright idiotic (we let "paper" run our lives), we're too blind and ignorant to remember this connection and keep it sacred. This is one of the best movies I've ever seen really. From the message, to the other world created by director James Cameron, it wouldn't surprise me if Avatar gets a cult following a la Star Wars. I also HIGHLY recommend seeing this movie in IMAX 3-D. It may make you a little queasy, but the imagery and message are well worth it.


"Everything is backwards now, like out there is the true world, and in here is the dream"

2 comments:

  1. You will never be one of the people! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. I'm gonna say that to you the next time I see you, lol

    ReplyDelete