February 22, 2010

#10 down!

This year I decided that I wanted to really be in charge and own everything about my life. Every decision, thought, feeling, etc... and live every single moment to the fullest. And I'm doing it!

I created a list of 24 things to do this year. The number "24" holds no real significance, but as I thought of all the things I've ever wanted to do but put off for some reason, it turned out to be 24....so far. I recently accomplished #10 "Get something published". I wrote an article for a cool up and coming music site for the DC/MD/VA Area called DMVSpectrum.com. Created by 2 journalists, DMV Spectrum brings to light all the talent the "Area" has to offer. From Musical acts, writers, poetry series, music awards, you name it and its covered by DMVSpectrum.com. I've known the Editor-In-Cheif since, well let's say she's practically family! So I really wanted to make an impression and live up to the site's goals and reputation. I was ecstatic that my piece was accepted with open arms, and that I have the ability to keep contributing. Thanks again to DMVSpectrum.com! This might be the first step on a new path for me.

Check out the article

No comments:

Post a Comment