July 16, 2010

Senders and Recievers

Today I awoke with a sense of calm and transcendence. There's something about meditation and intense focus that seem to ground me. No, I don't sit in the middle of my floor in Lotus position, breathing the Om through my vocal cords. I simply pick a thought and follow it through. Last night my thought landed on travel.
I'm starting to read Eat, Pray, Love (yes I know I tardy to this party, sue me) and I really like it. Elizabeth Gilbert is a bold and ambitious woman and funny writer. The bravery to just get up and go....sometimes I wish I had it. I love all the projects I take on, but to just say "hey, I'm going to go half way across the world and possibly never come back", takes a lot of balls. Its always been in my head that I WILL see the world. Hike the trails in Latin America, experience the night life of Europe, eat the best foods in South America and sample the wealth of the Middle East. All of THAT is going to happen. But how?
I've never been much of a planner, as a matter of fact, I come from a long line of let's-fly-by-the-seat-of-our-pants type people. My aunt travels frequently and lived in Europe for over a decade. My cousin lives the life of a vagabond and cris-crosses the US, and my mother....well like me, she's a dreamer. She wants to get out, but plagued by responsibility. However, since I've left the nest, she has frequented Germany and gone on short vacations to serene places, mainly near water (that's the writer in her, she needs calm to think). Since I've got the genes that can allow me to travel and thrive anywhere I feel like I'm ahead of the game. Again the question remains...how is this all going to happen?
I know nothing in life is a coincidence and all answers are usually revealed at the right moments, like my boss who is secretly a licensed hypnotherapist (can you say sign?). Yes, a hypnotherapist. She's studied the mind and how to manipulate it, how freakin' cool is that?! It's been eye opening to converse with her over psychological matters, and why strangers off the street feel the need to always ask me questions, even in a crowd full of people. This is what she tells me:
"You're a Sender, its what you do. Somehow, you send messages out there from your brain and people respond to them. They're called Receivers. We don't use about 90% of our brains, but I think a lot of the parts that we don't consciously are used for things like that. To Send and Receive. You have a good aura about you, and people can sense that. You're very intellectual and usually what you send out you can make anyone receive."
So I'm sending out a message to the Universe...GET ME OUT OF HERE SO I CAN SEE THE WORLD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment