September 10, 2010

Whip My Hair

Willow Smith, daughter of Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith released a single called "Whip My Hair". Willow is 9 years old and just signed with Jay-Z's Roc Nation Label. If you haven't had the pleasure (and I use the term loosely) to preview the single here it is:



Is this the future of music? I hope not! While I can appreciate Willow's tween approach, and typical radio-hard beats, we don't need another Soulja Boy clogging up the airwaves with meaningless fads and dance moves. Commerical Music is not about substance, its about money and the movement of product. Willow has definitely teamed up with the right man and has the machine behind her to make a ton of money very quickly....and then fade away.

I much rather prefer artists like Martha Ambrosius (Floetry's former 'songstress'):



Martha's revenge anthem is a sure fire R&B classic. Money making pop machine vs. talented songwriter/singer....really there is NO competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment