November 6, 2010

Staying Grounded

We're all looking for a way to grounded; true to our roots. However, as you get older you realize how much your tastes and actions change. 2010 has been an excellent year of exploration and transformation for me, even though I still struggle with the mid-20s crisis (that age where you're well out of adolescence and you resist like hell all the trappings that traditional adulthood can bring). It seems that I stay grounded when... I'm not on the ground at all. I've gone sky diving, tried my hand at a flying trapeze and flown on a plane more times this year than in recent memory. Every one of these trips seems to bring me some sort of mental clarity, so it was no surprise when I found myself e-mailing a rock climbing facility outside the Northern Liberties section of Philadelphia. I've always had an interest in climbing things since childhood, why not act on that? I look forward to trying my hand at another adventure to remain grounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment