January 27, 2011

Pretty Cool


Something pretty cool happened last night. After watching President Obama's State of the Union address, I took to my organization's Twitter account and immediately began engaging the Greek community. I felt that Obama's speech was important and addressed several key issues that have been major talking points for my organization this year; the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell, Education Reform, and immigration have served for the basis for many events nationwide Chi Upsilon Sigma has sponsored. Staying true to our political roots, I was interested in starting a conversation about Obama's speaking points. Little did I know that one, in a flurry of tweets, would appear on the home page of the New York Times website. It may have been only for a fleeting moment, but it was pretty cool that someone from the paper recognized us out of thousands of tweets. Go CUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment