January 23, 2011

Techie Weekends

I recently purchased a new phone. It was time, I was still using a Blackberry 8900, you know, the one with the trackball? I've upgraded (for a discounted price due to my loyalty to T-Mobile) to an Optimus T, and I think its pretty awesome. Its an Android phone which is great for apps moreso than Blackberry. Every time I loaded an app on my Blackberry to would slow to a near halt, but the updated Android OS is fast and responsive. Its all touch screen and has Swype capability for texting which is really cool to use. I'm a little addicted to the swype feature because of its ease and just sheer "how does it know what I'm typing" effect. I couldn't be happier with my new phone and all the apps I can now enjoy...mainly playing Angry Birds. If there's one complaint I have its this; I don't get real time updates of Twitter, Facebook or my e-mails, if anyone has tips on how to do this let me know! I guess the rep I called when activating my Android web package was right, "you're going to LOVE this phone".

No comments:

Post a Comment