April 23, 2012

Reading & Running Are So Good For Your Body & Mind

Everyday it seems I learn something new about myself or this place, pushing the limits of what I thought wasn't possible for me. The fact that I can actually almost run a half mile without stopping is a HUGE feat within itself. Getting much needed exercise and getting back into reading has been on my list for a while. Interesting that it took a move halfway across the world to accomplish these things.
My mind is so relaxed that some days I freak out a little because I don't feel the pressure to do or be a certain way; my guard isn't up when I walk the streets or go out. Farmer's Markets and random gatherings are quickly becoming a favorite. I haven't been too worried about much, but that doesn't stop my brain from thinking that some time soon the other shoe is going to drop, but I quickly dismiss those thoughts. All habits are hard to break, even the mental ones (those might be the hardest).

This week is jam packed, and I'm actually pretty excited to have some friends come out to visit. Planning to have a great time and explore this city and squeeze every drop of fun out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment