July 23, 2012

Training for the Better

I woke up a bit reluctant today because I had to go to an all day corporate training for work....on a Sunday. As much as I like a free meal and the potential of winning free random goodies, its just not how I envisioned spending my Sunday. And if you know me, I haven't had the best of luck working for quality employers, but since I AM working for a quality employer now, I figured training couldn't be that bad.
Training was actually fun, got me thinking, and really got me pumped to be associated with the brand. I've been learning a lot the past few weeks as I'm also taking online training to learn about the product and features, but today's training got the whole dealership involved. The breakout sessions proved productive and the videos were inspiring.
I know most people take the speakers, sessions, and the brainstorming that happens at these large sessions with a grain of salt, but I got really into it. I'm so used to being part of that group at work that's "cool", you know the ones; they just do the job and not much else. The training really got me excited to want to do more. Exceed customer expectation, exceed MY personal expectations and become an asset to the company. I don't want to be a cool kid anymore, I want to be a work nerd. I don't want to get to the point where I have no life, but I do want to make a difference, and now I feel like I'm part of something that helps change the world:


2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you enjoyed it and left with a feeling of wanting to do more! That's actually what I now do for a living (professional development and training) and if people leave my session feeling like that, it's a total win : ) You go you work nerd you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. I so am! I can tell the old timers are not impressed by my new-ness lol. I'd love to do training, its so fun its not even like you're working!

    ReplyDelete