July 8, 2012

Epic Nights

There comes a point in just about every day, where I wake from my daydreaming stupor and say, "holy shit! I live in fucking paradise!" Yes, I know these revelations must seem annoying to you (my 1 dear reader), and you're probably all like "Jas, stop rubbing salt in the wound already!" But its ironic how so easy it is to take things for granted.
Not that I typically want to be in the business of looking a gift horse in the mouth, but some days here are harder than others. After all I'm still doing all the same things as most people: going to work, making grocery lists, paying bills, making budgets, you know the sucky parts of life we all escape by going to happy hour a few times a week. Last week I had my first ever taste of homesickness. Its weird because I'm not one to get homesick. Even as a kid, when my mom would send me to Louisiana during the summers, or camp, I was always waving cheerfully goodbye as she choked back tears. Don't know what did it really, but I started to miss my friends, my cat, randomly walking through Philly, chilling at my favorite spots. But as usual the Universe is always on time.
Had one of the best days here since the move, and the fact that it was First Friday made it even better. I got a wealth of intellectual stimulation, and had a blast being a goofy twenty-something, all while meeting and hanging out with the most fascinating people I've ever met. I don't know what it is about this place that makes me feel so free to just let go, but I feel so relaxed here when I'm out and about. This city seems to be undergoing an artistic and creative renaissance and luckily I get front row seats. Maybe we've all been drawn here by the cosmic forces to create one magical orgy; a peace and love movement. Whatever the case, I just keep hoping that I'll continue to have epic nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment