May 4, 2009

Gays and House Music

For years I have been one of those closeted Techno and House/Club music lovers. For years I felt the need to hide it from my peers. Why? you may ask. Because I didn't want to fit into the stereotype of the gay kid who likes house music! Silly I know, but its truth. I think deep down ALL gay kids (and many straight and questioning for that matter) love House music. When I say "House Music" I mean that techno infused, completely ambient sounding music, that one may only find at a European club. I don't know how or why it made its way into the gay scene, but it struck a chord. The music is just so damn free! You can help but dance and spin in the moment that you're in (and many literally do)! From Benaasi to Oakenfold, Tiesto to Guetta, and even a little Haddaway and C & C Music Factory, my affection for House Music cannot be denied. Glow sticks, twirling, grinding and all. My fav songs at the moment:

"Everytime We Touch" by David Guetta





"When Love Takes Over" David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland

No comments:

Post a Comment