October 7, 2009

Leaders are born...and made

I am at a very exciting point in my life right now. Job is treading in the right direction, I've got good people around me, and I have a sense of direction. I was accepted into a Leadership Development Program as part of my sorority's internal development. Our first session was tonight and I definitely felt empowered. It was about fiscal responsibility and really taking control of your money. Women don't do this, ESPECIALLY minority women. First off, its always taboo to talk about money in a minority household which makes it difficult to get to the root of financial problems. I plan to keep a log and track my money. Really get involved with it. If I'm going to run a business or be a VP of Operations for the X-Games (hint hint), or create and run my own urban alternative lifestyle magazine (another hint), I'm going to have to KNOW these things. Naturally I am a leader, I know it, but all leaders need nurturing. I plan to stay on this positive track and buckle down to give it all I got because Business School will be no joke!

No comments:

Post a Comment