September 15, 2009

My Fall Line Up

Ahhhh! A new season of TV programming is upon us, and I could not be more excited! My work, hobbies, and Greek Life duties usually keep me pre-occupied most nights of the week. However, there will be some nights that will just have to suffer. Below are my Top 5 TV shows I will be "vegging" out to this Fall season, watch with me!

 
 After the Summer season was over (Congrats Jeanette), I was shocked and elated that there would be a Fall season. Can't wait for more Mia Micheal routines, guest judges, watching amazing dancers take the stage, and of course Mary Murphy screaming her head off and calling producer Nigel Barker an "English muffin"
 
Since watching the online sneak previews and Directors cut on my Hulu.....I'm hooked! This show is hands down awesome. It bring out the singing, dancing geek in me. Rob Murphy's dark and subtle humor is only enhanced by the witty acting of the ensemble cast. My favorite character is Sue Sylvester (played by Jane Lynch of The "L" Word fame). She angry, selfish, dark, and funny as hell. The songs on the show will defintely add to my karaoke repitore :)
 
3 Sheets is not only a show....its a drinking game! And what person between the ages of 21-35 wouldn't LOVE that about a show??? The host is Zane Lamprey (with best buddy Pleepleus, a stuffed monkey) and his mission is to traverse the globe to partake in worldly drinking customs...basically, he gets paid to travel and drink (wish that was my job). Fans of the show saved it from oblivion after its 3rd season. The show started out on the cable channel MOJO, which has since folded, and can now be seen on the Fine Living Network (FLN). I've watched all 3 seasons on my Hulu and can't wait for the 4th! Check out Zane's site for how to drink & watch 3 Sheets at the same time: www.zanelamprey.com

This show is every post-college female's guilty pleasure...me included. I don't know what exactly it is about this show that keeps me hooked! Is it Dan & Serena's "will they or won't they" moments? Chuck Bass being...Chuck Bass? Blair learning how difficult it is to stay bad? Or Little Jenny's transformation from unknown to "Queen Bee"? I don't know but I'm hooked! I have to catch up on last season...I wonder if Hulu will post those episode anytime soon?
Last but not least....
I appreciate how different this show is, and how it pushes the envelop of any other show. Its not your typical forensic cop drama, or nerdy whodunit series. Its smart. As a former X-Files fan, this show has given me back a piece of that nostalgia. Even though I was weary of Josh Jackson (he played Pacey from Dawson's Creek) taking on the role of a smart-alec-plays-by-his-owns-rules-reluctant crime solver, he does a damn good job, and compliments Anna Trov (who plays Agent Olivia Dunham) very well. Think of it as a grown-up Kyle XY meets the X-Files.
I hope many of you will be watching some of these shows, I know I will! Check out their network sites for local listing times:
p.s.-Even though Heroes wasn't on the list, I am still looking forward to the new season....if I can get over last season.

No comments:

Post a Comment