September 22, 2009

What's your Passion?

This question never ceases to elude me. For years, like many twenty-somethings, I've tried to figure out exactly what that is so I can parlay it into a lucrative career and happy life. I mean after all isn't that the American Dream? Doing what you love and getting paid massive amounts of money to do it? On my quest, I've realized that I am passionate about many things: Love. Knowledge. People. Ideas. The World. Along the way I've learned a few basic principles that never change when it comes to finding yourself:

1.Only YOU have all the answers you'll ever need-- Asking for advice from others is great its always good to hear your ideas out loud. But in the end all you need to know lies within you.

2.You always learn what NOT to do-- I think this helps when determining the "right" thing.

3.Faith & Belief are Key-- Without these things....its kind of pointless. You have really got to BELIEVE in yourself and your abilities regardless of what others say or think. No one's opinions matter....ever. If you don't believe in yourself, no one will either.

4. Knowledge is nothing without application

5.Acceptance--Of everything. The "duality" of people, the state of life, who you are, your life situation. Everything. Once you really accept, you can clear your mind to make good decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment