February 28, 2009

Surprise!!! You're 25 :)

Tonight I am off to a surprise celebration for an old friend, whom I literally haven't seen in a year. It's in a part of the city called Manayunk. I've been to this part of the city many times with these friends (honestly, some of the coolest and most cultured people I know), and as much as I loathe the hour trip clear across the city, I seem to marvel at this place. Honestly, Manayunk is a yuppies dream. Known for its frat-esque bars, small cobblestone streets and neighborhood eateries, Manayunk is an idyllic place to start an adult life. Things are close by, its in the city but not at the same time, and has lots of parks and fresh air. With all the crime and deterioation of other parts of the city, I look forward to a nice departure from the routine. I myself look forward to moving to the Northeast section of the city. Yes, this is where many Philadelphians go to raise families and start the second part of their adult life. I've contemplated moving closer to the hustle and bustle of Center City.....but the crime and dirt of the city are keeping me away.

Recently, I've realized that I am NOT a fan of clubs. Hate them. Yes, once in a while they're good for bugging out and people watching, but that's about it. Nothing excites me about $8 drinks and $30 appetizers. Now without this "passion for flashin" how am I to keep up with the hipsters on what's going on (more importantly, how do I keep up for my artists)? Sigh. I guess there will still be random nights of complete drunken mayhem for me....it's ok... I'm still young :)

No comments:

Post a Comment