May 21, 2012

Let's Go on a Hike

I went on my first hike this weekend! I love the outdoors and nature (even if it doesn't love me back sometimes), and I love to wander around looking at all the cool nature stuff, so hiking is the perfect fit. I set my sights very high when it comes to physical things, which often gets me in trouble because I forget that I don't have the stamina for these things. I want to climb Diamond Head which is basically the most famous hike on Oahu near Waikiki. But my more levelheaded and realistic roommate suggested a beginner's trail in Hau'ula. The trail takes you up about 700ft and over looks a gulch and beach scenery on the windward side. I learned a lot on the hike. Mainly, that mountainous inclines are very tough, and knock all the wind out of me. But besides that, I learned to be very trusting of the Earth and its inhabitants. The views were so worth it and reminded me why I need to live this life right now. Can't wait to build up to Diamond Head and beyond!
 Its important to be safe

 The roomie and I

 Foilage

 Greenery

 Panoramics of the summit


 Panoramic of the forest-like feel of the descent

 looking up


No comments:

Post a Comment