December 7, 2009

Philly...A GREAT sports town!

It's been some time since I've posted, I do apologize, but I've been gearing up for new artistic endeavors. More on that in 2010 :)



Philly has started to grow on me again. After nearly 8 years of living here and about 7 years of being tired of this city, I've reawakened my love affair. Philly is a great city. Mostly everything is accessible and centrally located. Sure there are PLENTY of times where I wish I had a car, especially when SEPTA trains are consistently late, but you really don't need one. There's plenty of Art, Music, Restaurants, Bars....and Sports teams!! I know I know, I could really care less about Philly sports, but you got to give it to this scrappy city; it's trying to reclaim its crown as a sports powerhouse on the East Coast. I mean you got the Phillies winning 2 pennants and 1 World Series in 2 years, Temple University's football team going to a Bowl game on a 9-3 record, the Eagles are soaring again, and Allen Iverson is once again dawning a Sixers jersey (AI  has been a personal favorite of mine since his days at Georgetown)! Wow Philly, you keep it up I might have to go to a game at the new sports complex...oh did I mention they're revamping that whole area to make it more consumer friendly?? Shops, movie theaters, restaurants, and bars will fill in the void left by the music venue The Spectrum. Never thought I'd say this but....GO PHILLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment