July 2, 2011

To ALL my Travlers!

Summertime is perfect for traveling, whether its in your own city, state, or in a completely different country. I recently renewed my passport and I can't wait to add some stamps and travel to places I've never been (Mexico in 3 weeks will be stamp numero uno)!
If you're like me, you're not as into glitz and glamour of a resort, and you're not into paying for a bus ride around town to drop you off at every tourist trap. If you're like me, you'd like to experience something new from a local's perspective, this way you're able to truly understand the culture and lay of the land.
I recently discovered a really cool company called Tripping International, it links up travelers and locals to create a unique shared experience. Its about exchange and helping make the world a better place through understanding and appreciation of other places and cultures. You can meet up for a cup of coffee, get tips on which local record shop to visit, or arrange for a home stay with a new friend (which will save you $$$ over a hotel).
After surfing the site for a few hours I made a quick list of why I'll take full advantage of the opportunity to become a "tripper":

1. A needed service with a great mission- "A global network of travelers who believe cultural exchange makes the world a better place" 

2. Like minded travelers
3. Verification of hosts
4. Satisfied members
5. It's completely FREE

The site is clean, simple, and gets to the point. There's also no obligation to become a host, but if you can it's highly recommended. I know I wouldn't mind having a friend living in London to visit for next year's Olympics, or calling my friend in Brazil when Carnival comes around.

Check them out a www.tripping.com, check out the 30sec clip. Tell them Jasmind sent you!

Happy Travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment