June 17, 2010

Play Ball!

I recently crossed off another item on my list of things to do/accomplish this year. I went to a baseball game. As a kid I was a HUGE jock. Basketball was my sport. Every team I played on was a championship team. I even helped lead my middle school to the first winning season in over 5 years. Sadly, in High School my love for the game dwindled and I gave up on my first love. Lately, I've been getting back into sports and watching everything from a baseball game to a rugby match (but not soccer), needless to say I longed to see a game in person. Maybe the old jock in me would come out full force and really have some fun.

We pulled up to Yankee Stadium to watch the rematch of last year's World Series: Yankees vs Phillies. While the Phils got slaughtered, I absolutely loved the game and the ambiance (checked in on foursquare and got 2 new badges :). While I was not impressed by $10 beers and $7 ice creams, I was impressed by the look of the field, the lights and the crowd. I can't wait to go to my next game! I'll just remember to eat before I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment